Sunday, June 04, 2006

Peonies















These came from our garden, and I wish you could smell them. They smell *so good*! I had never grown peonies before, but the people who owned the house loved them and planted them all around. When they bloomed that first year I was amazed, and I still feel that way every spring.

Peonies are fleeting. The blooms are over-the-top fabulous for only a week or so in early June, and then they shatter and turn to lots of wet pink kleenex all over the place. Very messy. But I think they are well worth it. Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger PFG said...

I love them. Gorgeous!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

They're so pretty! I'm using peony body splash now, so if I think of that, but less chemical-ly, I can picture what your flowers smell like.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are brave to bring those gorgeous peonies in the house though....mine are always covered in ants.

aj

4:29 PM  
Blogger EarthCitizen #23 said...

One of my coworkers has promise me some of her mothers peonies,,, now I really can't wait.... those are beautiful.
Hope you are well
Scott

11:34 AM  
Blogger PFG said...

Hey, I got a peony from my fella! He brought me one from his mom's garden yesterday. It's on my dresser looking and smelling gorgeous right now. Yay!

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

10:02 AM  
Blogger Bubbles said...

Kate ~ thank you so much for bringing me some peonies to brighten up my desktop! [this was a few weeks ago but I thought I'd thank you again just now] LOVE YOU!!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Salt Water said...

Wow! Wish I could smell them. They are beautiful as is your whole blog. It has been awhile since I've visited, Kate. Thanks for your uplifting words on my downer post. The news makes it hard for me to be buoyant, but the world of your blog is restful and nice. Thanks.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home