Saturday, January 28, 2006

This is what the whole wheat flour looks like after grinding.

Posted by Picasa Why would I want to grind my own flour? It is a lot more work then buying bread in the store.

But, it's tastier and healthier. I tried the low-carb diets, and I lost weight quickly, but I couldn't stick to it. Bread is the staff of life, but the kind you buy in the supermarket is made from flour that is old, has lost most of it's nutrients, and has often had the bran and germ removed. Also, the way it is ground heats it up to the point that many nutrients are lost. It also loses flavor. This flour is fresh, it contains all the parts of the grain. I bought organic hard spring wheat from Sun Organic Farm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sand said...

That looks so amazing! I love bread so much and am just addicted to wheat germ!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home