Monday, January 09, 2006

3 Quick Things To Say...

I have just a few minutes and 3 things to tell you guys.

1) Danny and I started cross-country skiing on Sat and we love it! It's so fun and it's great exercise. It was a beautiful, sunny, cold day with snow, and pine trees, and a half-frozen creek, and little birds all around. When I woke up the next day I had pains in muscles I didn't know I had. :-) We will do it again next week.

2) You know you truly love someone when you hear these words in the middle of the night: "Mommy, I threw up in my bed!" and a little boy in pukey pajamas comes into your room and wakes you from a sound sleep and tells you his bed is "covered in throw up", so you get up and help him clean up and get new pajamas, sheets and pillows, all the while gagging yourself. And no matter how gross it is, you are more concerned with how that little person feels than with your own discomfort. That's love. I did that last night.

3) I'm taking a class in environmental biology this coming semester! I'm a little scared. I'm an arts and humanities type so wish me luck!

That's it! Gotta read bedtime stories with Danny.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

My parents still talk about the time I came into their room in the middle of the night, in the same state as your son was, and said, "Mommy...I coughed."

Guess I was confused.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Nerdine said...

ooh - I loved biology in school! Wanted to continue, but ended up with humanities studies instead. Not that I regret it, but I always wondered how my life would have been if I'd ended up doing biology instead.. I thought environmental biology was really interesting, and I even joined a "keep nature clean" activist group because of it.
Good luck!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

The last time my kids threw up it was really bizarre. Out of the clear blue, first one kid, then the other. Just dropped and heaved followed by diarrhea. 12 hours later my wife and I, same thing... it was horrible. The whole family went DOWN for about 48 hours. I have never been that sick in my life! That was 2002. Haven't been sick since...
The best we could tell, it was a thing called 'Winter Vomiting Disease'
Vomit puts fine particles in the air. Highly transmisable.
Hope the little guy is feeling better and all is well with you too!

4:32 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

And that is one of the main reasons why I know I'm not ready for children :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

aw, sounds like you're life is challenging, fun, and ....challenging. I've been there with the late night vomit thing-eww.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Kate you are too much! You are a wonderful dare devil.

Thank you for those wonderful quotes you leave me .. believe me when I say, I am daring myself too shit or get up of the pot, and I am putting Bob's credit cards where my dreams are.

Good luck with your new class, but I don't think you will need it!

11:12 AM  
Blogger PFG said...

Hi Kate,
Very exciting about the class, less so about the puke. Hmmm...I knew I couldn't go into nursing when I realized it would be my *job* to clean up after this sorts of things. Every day. Holy s**t. However, having taken care of a sick live in bf before, I know you can do some astounding things (and even without gagging!) for someone you love. Too bad for the tyke. I hope he's well soon.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home