Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Red-tailed Hawk Returns...

Remember how I told you guys a few weeks ago about the red-tailed hawk that flew down from a tree and over the hood of my car, right in front of my windshield, for several minutes? Well, the SAME THING happened again on Sunday. Isn't that weird?

I was in the passenger's seat this time, and it flew directly in front of me, I was so afraid we would hit it. It was really close.

The oddest thing was, Dave, (who was driving), didn't even see it! He had his sun visor down and I guess it blocked his view. Danny was in the backseat and he saw it though.

What's up with that? Do hawks normally swoop down into traffic and fly right in front of the windshield of cars? If so, why?

Maybe this is a mysterious hawk-message I need to investigate.

3 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Well, it must be a sign of something....Let your imagination run wild.

BTW: I LOVE hawks.

Wishing you and Mr. K a very happy holiday.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

everything means something Kate, and how we figure out what it means, is by not trying to figure out what it means...

6:52 AM  
Blogger EarthCitizen #23 said...

Hey Kate, we are having Hawk Synchronicities again.....
Mine was in my Spiral Labyrinth last week.
The sad fact is that we have had three of 'my' beloved area hawks killed lately due to 'swooping' in front of cars here. They are usually going in for a mouse/rabbit or something when this happens. But i do take it as a "Sign" ,, as TICHARU said, 'everything means something'. I have always thought the Red tailed Hawk a messenger of good for me, and I pay attention to the directions they are flying,,, and sometimes will follow the direction just to see what happens.
Unfortunately one of 'my' hawks that like to swoop, and did so before my friend Fox died, was one of the ones killed recently.. I wish there was a way to warn them away from the roads,, but mice and rats like the litter of the highways,, so they will hunt nearby. HOPE YOUR HAWK FLYS HIGHER so as to stay outta trouble. I have been trying to capture mine on film as he seems to have made my backyard his 'hood'.
Take it as a good sign that you are on the Good Red Road!!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home