Wednesday, November 09, 2005

There I go again I'm all verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. ...

Ok, I just got an email from one of my students asking me for help and at the end of his email he wrote this:

"...I don't want to do something wrong and get a bad grade on
this paper. It seems like out of nowhere I have 5 papers due all
at once. If it wasn't for the information literacy class I would be
totally lost. Thanks for the help."

I literally started tearing up. I'm really verklempt! LOL. I'm such a dork.

I put a lot of work into this class and sometimes I wonder why I do it. The students generally complain about the work they have to do, it's so rare that someone says my class is helping them. Jeez. Thank you kid, you don't know how much this means to me.

10 Comments:

Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

That's is so cool to get a nice reminder that you're doing some good in the world!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Stuff like that is always nice to hear :-) I wish we had had a nice librarian in school...ours was scary!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Librarian Kate, Go!!!!

8:39 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

That is neat. Not many kids would remember to say thank you at all, and certainly not in written form. I'm sure you deserve that thanks, K, and I'm glad someone took the time to acknowledge you like that. I'd get all lumpy in the throat about it, too.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Bubbles said...

Kate ~ you rock.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Meegan said...

That's great. It must feel good to know that you are making a difference!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as a fellow librarian, such rare praise is really precious! It means, Kate, you are doing a great job. Which of course we all knew already!

12:45 PM  
Blogger EarthCitizen #23 said...

Too Cool Kate, your student seems to agree you are doing a good job, so throw us a bone on information literacy,,, I am one of those odd ones' who remembers my Librarians better than some of the other staff at schools and colleges.
You were the only brave soul to even post a comment on my Business as Usual Post,,, thanks, Was sorta wondering there for a bit,, I will have a Patriot Post soon...
As always, thanks for your thoughts and warm wishes.
back at you...... A Big Hug to You!!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

Aw, so nice! People have no idea how important is to say this stuff. You could live on a compliment like this for days.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thank you guys! Sorry to brag, I just had to. :-)

Scott: Info lit is basically teaching kids to do research. Not just how to find the information but how to evaluate and use it too. :-) I like to focus on Media Literacy, myself.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home