Sunday, November 06, 2005

Red-Tailed Hawk

Today was the second time when driving along a certain stretch of road on my way to work that a large red tailed hawk has flown low right in front of my car.

Today it was flying just in front of my windshield for at least 3 minutes. I could see it's reddish brown tailfeathers as though it were guiding me. But to where? Then it landed in a tree. I looked over my shoulder to see it. It's a nice specimen of an adult raptor, very healthy looking.

I wish I could have taken a picture of it, esp as it was flying right in front of my car, but I didn't have the camera, so you'll just have to imagine it. It was cool.

Danny and I just read a good book about hawks.

6 Comments:

Blogger EarthCitizen #23 said...

Hey Kate, thanks for all the thoughts lately, I too have had the Red tail Hawk fly in front of my car lately, the day before my friend Fox's memorial, it was awesome, I was going round one of those cloverleaf like ramps onto the interstate loop near my house. It was Huge, before Fox died one came to play in my neighbors yard, and I got to watch it close up at ground level.
The Red Tail Hawk has always been my #1 totem animal within my shamanic practise and I have found that He/she represents an awakening of somekind of the spirit. I think my last post on Unconditional love was grown out of that awakening that I am in the process of right now.
Feel Blessed, because you are!!
much Love and gratitude,
Scott

2:09 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks Scott. :-)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

I just read the article you linked about SOS, it was doubleplusgood, I really love Big Brother and all that they are doing to protect us!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thank you Ticharu! Once again, you have restored my faith in humanity. :-)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I love hawks. We have lots of them in Alberta, sitting on the fences and trees, scoping out the mice population.

:-)

7:50 AM  
Blogger cjblue said...

I don't think I've ever seen a red-tailed hawk, except maybe at the birdy section of the SD Zoo.

Just added that book to my amazon WL, btw. Keep up the good book recs! It's the time of year to buy some new ones for the babies.

(OK, I buy books all the time - never stop. So sue me)

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home