Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Love Notes and New Baby!

First of all, my stepdaughter had a baby boy last night and I'm now a GRANDMA. :-)

2nd:
Yesterday was the 2nd time I met with the class I'm teaching, and I thought it went really well. When I got back to my office, one of the students had emailed me. He wrote "I heart you". That is so sweet. It really made my day. I'm still smiling about it.

Sometimes it's so hard to be a teacher, it's like you stand up there in front of this surly, bored audience like some kind of bad stand up comedian and bomb. Other days, it's really a great feeling, like you really get across what you wanted to say. Yesterday was one of those good days. :-)

3rd: Last night I was sitting at the computer when I heard something fly behind me. It was a piece of paper with a pencil stuck through it. I picked it up and read:
Meet me in my room.
p.s. I am not Danny.
So I went to Danny's room and knocked on his door. He opened it a crack and slipped a sealed envelope out. I took the envelope, opened it and read the message. It said:
I like Pokemon.
There was a Pokemon card inside. I have it in my pocket right now.

4th: I just got off the phone with Illiad tech support and we finally have our ILL system set up now so that when a student requests an article, we get it electronically from another library and it gets put on a server as PDF and the student gets an automatic email telling them it's there and how to access it. Maybe you don't know what this means or care, but it's cool, trust me.

You could say it's a good day.

9 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

"You could say it's a good day." Is that an understatement, or what?

Congrats, Grandma! How terribly exciting. That is really neat. Does she live close by? I hope you'll get to visit as soon as Mom is ready for all that. Yay for Kate!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

wow! congratulations on the birth of your grandchild

i just acquired a new nephew two weeks ago - i forgot how newborns mewl like kittens

ah....

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats, how cool! :)

g

6:44 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

You are now both a cool librarian AND a cool grandma.

Oh, and a cool ma.

Woo-hoo! Congratulations!

Your lucky grandson also has a totally awesome Uncle Danny.

11:00 AM  
Blogger mireille said...

bet that ILL system is something the naysayers at the conference told you couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't be done. NYAH NYAH NYAH! Also, a grandchild. Wow. There's babies in the air! xoxo

8:34 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks Guys!

M - No, nobody naysays ILL. It's universally loved! :-)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

So far I've only seen pics, but it does appear that way! :-)

1:13 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Congratulations, Kate!

What exciting news.

May he be healthy, and grow up to be a beautiful soul.

All the best!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Sand said...

Congratulations Grandma! You're too young, far too young but totally awesome!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home