Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bye Bye, Birdie, Bye Bye...

Our dear bird friend is now staying with a very nice vet who takes wild birds, treats them and gives them to wildlife rehabilitators to release into the wild. It had a ruptured air sack and needed antibiotics, so I'm glad the vet was able to help it. I feel a bit sad when I come home from work and step onto the porch and it's not peeping and chirping, but I know this is for the best.

"...Well so.... long... my honey, so long.
I guess I'm gonna make it OK.
I'll see you in the funny papers some old day...
So long, my honey, so long...." - J. Joplin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

I was so happy to read your interview answers that I didn't read further down! You had to give up your lil' orphan to a vet too, huh? You're a good surrogate birdmom. Bye bye, Birdie.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home