Saturday, July 30, 2005

Mulching in Place

Don't have much time to write, just wanted to tell you about my new gardening technique which I've been doing all day... Mulching in place. I love it! It's so obvious. Why didn't I ever think of it before? And it totally goes with my no-till gardening philosophy. I read about it here:

http://www.inmygarden.org/archives/ecogardening_outdoors/soil_and_mulch/index.html

If you are a gardener, try it! :-)

BTW: Birdie is doing great, starting to fly a bit. Looks just like a real sparrow now, all feathered out.

2 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

The only thing I can grow with any (nearly overabundant) success is rhododendrons, and my secret is burying used coffee grounds near the trunk of the bushes. It's nice to see I'm not completely nuts for doing this with them.

9:41 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

My husband is a gardener, and he will be green with envy!

I'll pass this tip on to him.

Thank you for all your kind and loving thoughts and words.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home