Monday, June 06, 2005

New Birdfeeder and New Bird!

Over the weekend I decided to replace our old beat-up birdfeeder with a fancy new one. This is very exciting for me, which shows you just how dorky I am.

I hope the birds like it. It looks really cool to me, but so far, no birds! Then again, the town is doing some road construction in front of our house, so maybe the noise, plus the newness of the feeder, might be spooking them.

On a related note: we saw a pair of great crested flycatchers over the weekend - a bird that neither of us had ever seen before. Again: we were very excited. Again, we are dorks. :-)

We did TONS of work in the garden and I have a sunburn now. It's such a good feeling to look around and see all the work we did. I really hope it rains this afternoon, because the ground is so dry, and watering only does so much.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing the same feeder. Hope you have avian visitors to yours soon. (Hooray for bird-nerdiness. We're bird nerds, too.) -E

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely , lovely photographs that make me sigh and yearn. And I am so pleased to get to read your words here Kate!

~clearing.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is one cool birdfeeder!!

thalia

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss birds! I used to be an avid birder and feeder of birds, but then we got our cat. I envy you, dear Kate. Great blog, btw.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Sand said...

Hope you feel better with the sunburn. I smear honey on my skin anytime I've spent too much time in the sun.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home