Monday, June 13, 2005

Bingo Night at the Indian Reservation.

I guess I really feel like writing in my blog today.

I was coming back from lunch with my buddy Jean, and I said

(holding out hand to display nailpolish) "I don't know how I feel about this color. I like it on my toes but I'm not crazy about it on my hands"

Jean: I know, I agree. It looks cute on your toes but somehow, on your hands, it's too frosty pink. (pause, thinking...) It kind of reminds me of something an older woman would wear to go play bingo at the Indian reservation

Me: (laughing) Suddenly, I love it. That just made it perfect for me. Thank you! I love you, Jean.

Jean (laughing) I know, right? O.P.I's newest shade: "Bingo Night at the Indian Reservation" that makes all the difference. Now I like it too!

Isn't it funny how if something has a story, even a made up story, suddenly it's more appealing? The transforming power of the imagination strikes again.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

I would totally buy a nail polish named "Bingo Night at the Indian Reservation."

12:42 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I realised after I posted this that the actual name of the polish is "Royal Flush Blush". So I guess Jean picked up on the whole gambling thing somehow! :-)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Sand said...

How cool, I bet it looks stellar on you!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Meegan said...

I love it!!

Other possible shades:

"Girls Night Out at the Mexican Restaurant With Too Many Margaritas" (lime green)

"An Afternoon Volunteering at the Senior Center" (light pink)

"Lurking Around Neverland Ranch, Hoping for a Glimpse of MJ" (any color that gets lighter with wear)

So much more interesting than "Desert Rose," etc.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hahahahahahaha!

7:28 AM  
Blogger cjblue said...

It's so true! For a long time I had a proglem with Fifi Chachnil, the fragrance. Because the scent is deep and complex and interesting, but it's called "Fifi" and comes in this hideous foofy pink bottle. It irritated me.

Then I realized that one of my fave muaers, who loves the stuff, really fits it. Because she's all cuteness and light in appearance, little and adorable and is meggie, not meg. But she's intelligent, complex and interesting. There's a lot more to her than you might think at first glance.

With this in mind, I have made my peace with Fifi the fragrance and Fifi the image. It makes me think of meggie, and I appreciate it.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Bubbles said...

I must be psychic Kate! I can't believe it was really called "Royal Flush Blush!"

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home