Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Goldenseal

I had a dream a few weeks ago about how my yard was asking me to plant some goldenseal plants in it.

I could see the plant's leaves very clearly and they were fascinating to me. But when I woke up, I thought to myself: "I don't think they really look like that." So I did a google search and looked them up in my plant books and sure enough, they DO, in fact, look like that. So I took that as a sign that I should plant some.

I'm into herbal medicine and there are a few plants that I feel I have a good relationship with that help me out when I'm sick. But I've never really used goldenseal, or thought about it much.

I do know that goldenseal is threatened because people keep digging it up and using it to fight off colds and such, and I also know that it does grow wild around here. But I don't want to be one of those people who digs it up... so I plan to buy some seeds from this place and try to grow them in my yard. I will consult this book too.

Perhaps conditions there will be favorable and they will grow and I can help them. And who knows, there may be a day when they can help me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home